2016 Year End Review
Looking back, 2016 was a really interesting year for me. Other than it going by pretty fast, it was filled with loads of highs and tons of downs but nevertheless it was a year I am thankful for still. As we ring in 2017, here is a quick year end review of mine as well as a few resolutions that I’d like to share with you all. Think of it as highlights from the year that was that made a huge impact on my life. Here goes, my 2016 year end review..
1. I got to ride in a hot air balloon! Never in a million years did I think that I’d ever get to do and experience such an amazing thing. Shout out to my girl, Nicole Andersson for taking me with her on this trip. Thank you! Definitely got to check this major event off my bucket list.
2. I got to visit three places and new countries that I only dreamt of visiting — Bali, Indonesia (Thank you, Roxy Philippines), Shenzhen, China (Thank you, Camywamy) and Tokyo, Japan! From surfing for the first time and loving it, getting sunburnt for the first time (believe it or not), using VPN’s just to connect to social media, seeing cute little pandas, to eating the freshest sushi and soaking up that Japanese culture.. Everything was amazing! Now I am totally looking forward to visiting places I’ve been to and never been to before. I wonder where 2017 will take me? Suggestions anyone?
3. I got to meet two amazing celebrities this year. An amazing model and someone I truly admire. The bigger highlight of couse being Aimee Song. From reading her blog posts and following her on social media to finally standing next to her. It gave me the fuel and drive to be better than I truly am, I can only hope to be like her one day and fingers crossed that it happens one day soon. So 2017.. Bring it on!
4. I started a Vlog! I know it isn’t the best since I’m not too good at editing and I get shy in front of a camera still but I am working on it and working on making my vlog better. Like I always ask — please give me post suggestions so I can help spice up my vlog.
5. I started working out regularly! I recently got hooked on indoor cycling and it has been nothing but amazing for me. From the good vibes I get post workout to physically feeling better. I get a lot of (pardon my French) shitty comments on social media about my weight. Oh yes I get hurt when I read comments saying that I gained weight but I know how to love myself and to all those negative people out there — I am doing something about it! So bug off and mind your own business! This year I promise not to let what people say bother me and to just be myself and be happy.
6. I’m cooking something up for you all so stay tuned for that! I don’t want to get into details but what I can say is that it’s been a dream of mine to do this and finally it’s happening and I am beyond excited to tell you all what it’s about! Any guesses?
7. I feel like I personally showed a more mature side of my style. I don’t know if it’s cause I’m growing up but it’s a nice change from some of the things I’ve worn in the past. Well, I’m turning 27 this year so I wonder if my style will change in any way..
8. Two years ago, I invested in a restaurant called Puzzles and I am both happy and proud to say that I invested in my second branch! It opened over the holidays and is located at Molito in Alabang! Do drop by and check it out. I understand that it’s still on it’s soft opening but it would be great if you could swing by still.
9. My relationship with my boyfriend has been proven to be stronger than ever. Despite the fact that our hangouts are mostly scheduled due to his busy law school schedule but that didn’t change a thing, something I am very proud of. For the record, I am also so proud of how hard he’s been working! Some say (and have told us) that the spark is gone after two years of being together but hey — it’s not true! The spark between us is still there and I don’t see it fizzing away anytime soon.
10. Last but definitely not least — this little guy right here. My dear Ollie! This was the year I found out (on Valentines Day to be specific) that I was going to be the owner of a cute little Corgi. I didn’t know who I was going to get or how he/she was going to be but when it was time to pick he caught my attention and fell madly in love with this little puppy. Now 10 months old, he is as hyper, as loving and as amazing as can be. I don’t know what I’d do without him and I cannot imagine a day without my constant companion. Can’t wait for him to turn 1 and I also can’t wait for more memories with this little one.
And that concludes my 2016 year end review! I hope I didn’t bore you with this little countdown of mine (lol). Anyways, here’s to looking forward and getting ready for 2017. Still hoping it gets better from here, keeping my fingers crossed. Well, before I end this, cheers to my first post of the year and a HAPPY NEW YEAR to you all! Thank you for your continuous support. Without you, my dear, dear readers, I won’t be where I am today. I promise to step up in terms of blogging and my social media posts this year and looking forward to having you all read and see them. Again, thank you for the support and let’s bring it on 2017!!