My 2017 Year End Report
2017 was a really interesting year for me. It was filled with many downs but many ups as well, many surprising and many sorta predictable. The year that was was interesting to say the least but I wouldn’t have it any other way. With all that said, here it is again — a 2017 year end report! For those who don’t know, this is usually (or one of) my last posts of the year and I talk about all the big and important moments I had throughout the year. So before I go on blabbing endlessly, let’s get this show on the road..
1. I got to travel to Switzerland with fellow bloggers (and friends) Laur, David and Aileen for a week. It was definitely one for the books, and it was a cool way of looking at Switzerland considering I visited once before years ago. From moving around from one city to another, to snapping endless photos, this trip is something I will never ever forget.
2. Walking on the runway of the Spring/Summer edition of Bench Fashion Week. I was able to work with fellow bloggers which made the nerve wrecking walk a bit let scary. It’s been awhile since I strutted down one of these things so you can only imagine what was going through my mind the entire time. Luckily, I survived without tripping or messing anything up.. PHEW!
3. This year was all about music and of course watching both Britney Spears and Ariana Grande live has to be a part of this list! First up was the Britney concert and boy was that something. From only dreaming of seeing her to finally catching my childhood pop icon live — amazing, just amazing. My Blogger Besties and I even wore matching outfits to the concert (and might I add, it was a huge hit online). A few months after, my girl Ariana came over and graced Manila with her presence once more. I missed her first concert here so I knew I couldn’t miss out on the next one! Luckily Smart helped me out and I got to watch, dance, since and just enjoy the entire experience.
4. 2017 was the year I experimented with my hair the most all thanks to Basement Salon Shang‘s Fendi. From going light brown, to lilac, to gray, to dusty rose, blue and back to gray. Never did I ever doubt Fendi’s skills and that’s why my hair looks f*cking awesome every single time I step out of the salon. Now, the next question is.. What color and cut should I try next?
5. I know this might sound a bit lame but this is definitely going on the list.. Buying my very own Céline Nano! It’s a bag I’ve been eyeing and dying to own for so long now and because of hard work and determination I was able to treat myself this year by getting myself one. Believe it or not, every time I want to buy something branded I use my own money, like I save up for it. Feels good cause when I see the things I’ve gotten myself I remember where my hard work has gotten me one way or another.
6. I was able to gain some office work experience at Seek the Uniq. Though I was only there for a few months, it was definitely an experience. From learning the ropes on how to build my own business, to styling shoots and to doing upload after upload, it was hard work and it definitely opened my eyes to many new things business wise.
7. My label Paradigma by Patricia Prieto is slowly (but surely) coming together. I know I said it would be out by September but things came up and plans had to change hence the delay. I may have studied these things in school but when it’s time to set everything in stone it’s a totally different game. Don’t worry everyone, I promise that I will come out with my label in 2018! It’s going to happen for sure!
8. This year I was able my Blogger Besties and I were able to solidify our friendship even more. From finally going on a trip together to Cebu (it might have been for work but at least we were complete), to creating the Blogger Jowas (who are just as awesome btw) and to celebrating another Christmas together many things came up for us all this year and knowing that I have the support of these strong, passionate, caring and loyal friends I can’t go wrong.
9. Before I reveal my biggest highlight of 2017, allow me to share a down that I wanna be pretty open about. It’s to no surprise that now I no longer work with certain brands but know that it won’t stop me from blogging. Yes, I may have slowed down in the blogging department but it’s only because I have been busy working and doing other things. I promise to do much better next year, I also promise to up my social media game and hope to just be better at what I do. Of course I wouldn’t want to disappoint any of you. You, yes you, the one reading this post.. You are the reason I am here and the reason why I keep doing what I’m doing. So thank you so much for giving me a reason to keep going and to never ever give up.
10. To cap off this list.. This year I became an Electric Studio indoor cycling instructor! Honestly, this must be the biggest highlight of my life. Why? Here’s why, for those who don’t know me too well I’d like to let you all know that I am such a shy person. I hardly put myself out there cause I’m already comfortable where I am. Thing is, for some reason when I found out about the auditions I was so drawn to it that I made my resume and sent it to them straight away. Little did I know, this was going to be the start of a very emotional journey. From auditioning in a room in front of almost fifty-something people, to enduring weeks and weeks of training, to listening to countless songs — it was definitely something else. Then came my friends and family rides, long story short I didn’t do as good as I thought, so I had to do an additional one. I remember crying cause of my anger and cause I felt so defeated, I thought I was going to give up already. But something inside of me just didn’t want to let that happen, so what I did was I picked myself up from one of the sh*ttiest times of my life and pushed myself. I practiced so much that when the day of my final friends and family ride came I was so ready! Luckily, all the hard work, the sweat and the tears was worth it cause I am now an instructor and it’s everything I wished it would be. I’d also like to mention my team, the 4ORCE fam. Without them I wouldn’t be where I am now, without their help, their love and their strength I wouldn’t have been able to survive. We all met as strangers, each different from one another and now we’re a family. I’m so happy to say that this year I gained two new families to be a part of, 4ORCE and TEAM ELECTRIC!
PS: Book a ride with me! I’ll be having loads more rides this coming month so I shall see you on the bike! YAY!
And with that, this post has come to an end. 2017 was surely something I won’t forget, it was a year that allowed me to push myself outside of my comfort zone, it was the year I realized that there was so much more out there for me. It was the year I finally did something about a dream of mine and it was the year I discovered numerous new things about myself as well. For the record, my family is doing awesome, and my relationship with Kako is amazing. Just had to out that out there. Anyway, I don’t know what 2018 has in store for me but without a doubt I am ready to grab it by the horns. Before I end this, I’d like to wish you all happy holidays and hope each and every single one of you have an amazing New Year. That’s it for my year end report, can’t wait to do the next one.. CHEERS!